Alzheimer and Dementia Care
Dementia Care in Manalapan, New Jersey
Dementia is a general term for a decline in mental ability that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Alzheimer ’s disease, which is the common type of dementia, is a progressive disorder in which, for unknown reasons, nerve cells in particular areas of the brain degenerate and dies.
Some of the most common signs of Alzheimer’s include:
- Memory loss, especially forgetting recently learned information
- Changes in the ability to develop and follow a plan or work with numbers
- Losing things and being unable to go backtrack to find them
- Accusing others of stealing
Alzheimer’s disease can be a challenging journey, not only for the person diagnosed but also for their family members and loved ones. Caregiving is a large commitment that gets bigger over time and the person will eventually need round-the-clock care.
The team at ExPO Signature Home Care, a dedicated Home Health Care Agency in New Jersey, is committed to helping families meet the challenges of Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Having a general daily routine in Alzheimer’s and dementia care helps caregiving run smoothly. These routines will give a sense of consistency, which is beneficial to the Alzheimer’s patient even if they can’t communicate it.
In addition to assisting with daily living activities, our caregivers will work with the family members to create structure and develop day to day routine for the client by:
- Keeping a sense of structure and familiarity. Having consistent daily times for activities such as waking up, mealtimes, bathing, dressing, receiving visitors, and bedtime. Maintaining a regular schedule may help orientate the person.
- Letting the person know what to expect even if they are not sure that he or she completely understands. Caregivers will often use cues to establish the different times of day.
- Involving the person in daily and social activities as much as they are able.
It’s the very first thing will inform them whether you are a fantastic candidate for affordable-papers.net this task or not.
may choose to obtain a few essays from various sources to begin with then resell them to others.